Teacher to Student Ratio
At Grace Lutheran Preschool & Kindergarten, we maintain a student-teacher ratio that is typically one-half of what one finds in most schools. This is especially true in Kindergarten where our lessons require more hands-on instruction, sometimes even one-on-one.
In Kindergarten classrooms, our student-teacher ratio is 1 teacher for every 12 students, and in some instances we’ll operate at a ratio of 1 teacher for every 7 students.
The result is each student receives lots of personal attention and help from their teacher to not only understand what they’re learning, but also why and how they’ll use this knowledge out in life.
Understanding and application are the components that form the strong educational foundation children need to succeed later in school and beyond.
Here we’re thinking towards your child’s future.
- Math skills-Counting, sorting, measuring
- Beginning writing skills-tracing simple lines, writing their first name
- Beginning reading readiness-Intoduction to the alphabet letters and sounds
- Improving fine motor skills through activities such as cutting, painting, and lacing
- Writing- First and last name, tracing/writing letters, words, etc.
- Reading- phonics focused games and instruction to encourage interest in reading, along with a curriculum that introduces reading small, one vowel words
- Math skills- Counting, sorting, recognizing pattern’s, catagorizing, simple addition and subtraction
- We educate on the basis of proficiency, rather than age, once a young student has demonstrated their knowledge and ability to do the work required of the Kindergarten level, they’re not made to wait
- We may have a student doing the Kindergarten Reading and Science programs while, at the same time, they’re studying 1st grade Math.